Monday, September 28, 2015

It's All About Presentation

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52a24a42e4b08d7f85fdbb44/t/5344558ee4b00e9f7df27dad/1442890709114/?format=1500w

This week I have been gathering together information to add to my resume so that it is up to date for our trip to Atlanta for the PRSSA National Conference. UVU has a great Career Development Center where you can receive feedback on your resume. I was able to get my resume combed through and enhanced so that I can stand out among the other PRSSA students who will be in attendance. I also plan to take new business cards which I will be getting as the Vice President of the UVU PRSSA chapter.

I have a friend who is great in interviews and I interviewed him on some of his tips. He says the best way to answer a question is with a short story of a past experience that best displays your character, work ethic or experience in the field. His advice is to research as many potential interview questions as possible and think of a good story that represents you well for each question. Then he says to practice telling those stories in a short and concise manner. His next advice is to make sure to wear an outfit that makes you feel like a million bucks. If you can feel the part and look the part you have a better chance of getting the part.

www.twitter.com/uvuprssa     www.instagram.com/uvuprssa
 UVU PRSSA

Madelyne Van Hoff




No comments:

Post a Comment